Stay up to date with current events
- China's Census Shows Population Barely Grew in 10 Years as Births Plummet
Only 12 million babies were born last year, the lowest number of births since 1961, providing fresh evidence of a looming demographic crisis that could complicate Beijing’s ambitions.
- Australian Leather Loses Ugg Trademark Battle
The case hit a nerve for Australians, who consider the footwear a national, if unfashionable, symbol. But the brand’s owner in the United States had mounted a legal challenge against the idea that “ugg” is a generic term.
- How the Colonial Pipeline Became a Vital Artery for Fuel
Growing domestic production of oil and gas has led to reduced refining capacity in the Northeast, increasing the reliance on fuel sent from Texas.
- Cybercriminals Take Down a Pipeline
The ransomware attack on Colonial Pipeline is a sobering reminder about cybersecurity.
- FBI Confirms DarkSide as Colonial Pipeline Hacker
The attack by DarkSide, a relatively new criminal group believed to have roots in Eastern Europe, exposed the remarkable vulnerability of key American infrastructure.